TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones s5e7 (spoilers)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game of Thrones s5e7 (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones s5e7 (spoilers)

Post by Dave_Too Thu May 28, 2015 7:53 pm

There are certainly lots of interesting bits in the Vanity Fair article, but I might have to claw my eyes out if they give us big pile of steaming Kingsmoot.
Dave_Too
Dave_Too

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones s5e7 (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones s5e7 (spoilers)

Post by Cat C Fri May 29, 2015 6:04 am

littlethingsthatmatter wrote:Okay,this is disturbing.I think I'm going to vomit.

OMG! I do not think I want to know where that came from Sad
Cat C
Cat C

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeryl Fri May 29, 2015 6:56 am

What did Sansa grab off the barrel?

Oh, look Dornish boobs.

Gilly is almost raped, of course.

Good bye Aemon

Why the hell is Stannis suddenly no longer ace?

Lena Headey's FAIS is phenomenal. You can read her face SO WELL even though it doesn't even change, like when Tommen says he loves Margaery, you can see her screaming inside.

The High Sparrow's satisfaction when Cersei's taken away, and Olenna's observations about him, make me wonder if the "Howland Reed is the High Sparrow" theory is correct.
Aeryl
Aeryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat C Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 pm

I don't know what she grabbed!

Bewbsbewbsbewbs ... getting quite boring.

I have a person who has been (nonsensically) arguing on the thread for several days now that Sansa was not raped, that Sam was raped, and ignoring Gilly altogether. Keeps creating equivalence out of apples and oranges, that one. Done with them, but will lay odds that they will need some last word.

I wonder about the Reed thing too, now.

Loving Cersei in all her wicked-ness.

BTW, I replied to littlethingsthatmatter with a comment about the trolls being "loudmouthed jackasses" that got removed, so I guess it isn't just personal attacks that will get ya modded Smile

Am getting pretty fed up with the minimization of the rapes on the show, though.
Cat C
Cat C

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave_Too Fri May 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Cat C wrote:
Am getting pretty fed up with the minimization of the rapes on the show, though.
==========
...that Sansa was not raped, that Sam was raped, and ignoring Gilly altogether.

Well, the writers cannot plead ignorance any more.  They know, unless they've been hiding under rocks, that a significant number of viewers (and a lot of ex-viewers) have big problems with rape.

Sadly, they seem to side more with the trolls we've seen on the TMS thread, who seem to feel that rape is needed to balance out all the bad things done to male characters.

They think that filming it "tastefully" (e.g. showing us "Sad Theon"), or just showing it in the background as men converse in the foreground (what my wife and I refer to as "Camp Rape-a-lot", i.e. Craster's keep post-mutiny) makes it all okay.

As for the not rape/rape "argument"...how very Newspeak:  actual rape is "not-rape", apparent consensual sex is "rape" and sexual assault just doesn't count.
Dave_Too
Dave_Too

Back to top Go down

Post by littlethingsthatmatter Fri May 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Talking about Cersei's facial expression,you need to see this

I've seen people call the strip scene "empowering" because "she did it on her own" and "gets a kick from showing her nacked body" and she is doing it "to make is blood rush faster so the poison acts quicker".
Even Vanity Fair calls the strip scene in the prison "gratuitous".I can't see how it's supposed to be empowering.

I have a person who has been (nonsensically) arguing on the thread for several days now that Sansa was not raped, that Sam was raped, and ignoring Gilly altogether. Keeps creating equivalence out of apples and oranges, that one. Done with them, but will lay odds that they will need some last word. wrote:
That one is still around?

BTW, I replied to littlethingsthatmatter with a comment about the trolls being "loudmouthed jackasses" that got removed, so I guess it isn't just personal attacks that will get ya modded wrote:
One of my comments got removed because I explained to a commenter that their comment probably got deleted for using "SJW".
Last time I checked,his long rant about SJW= self given name and POC=racist insult,was still up.Considering the commenter came into a discussion about POC native to Europe and accused me of being an anti-white racist,I don't think there's much left for interpretation.The sad part is,a regular jumped in to defend the commenter and said I was talking as if I knew everything about the world,meanwhile the poor Irish and Welsh are being discriminated by the English.

Sadly, they seem to side more with the trolls we've seen on the TMS thread, who seem to feel that rape is needed to balance out all the bad things done to male characters. wrote:
Which also plays in the idea that men have it worse IRL because there's a multitude of bad things that can happen to them so women should just shut up about rape.
littlethingsthatmatter
littlethingsthatmatter

dark

http://www.superheroineworld.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeryl Fri May 29, 2015 6:56 pm

I'll even agree that she probably WAS doing it to make the poison indicate it's presence(it's like the Five Finger Death Punch, if he never had sex again he'd have been just fine, just like if Bill had just sat in that chair forever!), but that doesn't separate it from being a plot device by the writers to have an excuse to showcase boobs.
Aeryl
Aeryl

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones s5e7 (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty I found my favorite guess about what Sansa took from the top of the barrel

Post by Cat C Sat May 30, 2015 6:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ShoutyCrackers
Its a drill. Used to bore holes in casks by hand, it would be a great stabbing implement.

cactusjack2
Yes, a "bung reamer". Can't think of a better object to use on Ramsey.

Virus11010 House Targaryen
Quite poetic, really.
Cat C
Cat C

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff B Sat May 30, 2015 10:41 pm

So I just saw this episode a night or so ago. It was pretty meh.

Did not care for the attempted rape scene.

Did not care for the Sansa scenes.

Did not like the scene with Tyene and Bronn. It demonstrated another thing that's wrong with this show and how juvenile the directors are. Yes, I get it D&D, Tyene has boobs, now can we get on with the plot? The whole scene seemed like D&D acting out a fantasy of theirs rather than a scene that was needed.

They cut out ALL of these plot lines, but lets spend 8 minutes on boobs. Because that's why you watch GoT (eyeroll).

They did a poorly choreographed reenactment of Gladiator, that was interesting and semi-enjoyable. They missed the opportunity for Dany to shout "YOU WILL REMOVE YOUR HELMET AND TELL ME YOUR NAME!" though.
Jeff B
Jeff B

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave_Too Sun May 31, 2015 11:50 am

Jeff B wrote:So I just saw this episode a night or so ago. It was pretty meh.

Pretty much sums up my view of the whole season.  They seem to have been treading water since episode one.

The earlier seasons seemed to have tighter, more compelling writing and better storytelling.  There may be many reasons for this, but my guess is it was because they were sticking closer to the books.  Their embellished/invented stuff, however, was exhibiting troubling signs, even then.

Now that they've begun inventing great swathes of material, which is only going grow in upcoming seasons, I think they are showing their weaknesses.  Good thing there is a whole web site to help them: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dave_Too
Dave_Too

Back to top Go down

Post by aesta Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Aeryl wrote:Lena Headey's FAIS is phenomenal.  You can read her face SO WELL even though it doesn't even change, like when Tommen says he loves Margaery, you can see her screaming inside.
RIGHT?! FAAAAAAAAAAAACE. She's Streep-ing the shit out of that show right now. I would literally watch her in anything. (Which is why I'm still watching Throne Games.)

littlethingsthatmatter, that vid is perfect.

aesta
aesta
admin
admin

psychic
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff B Sun May 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Dave_Too wrote:
Jeff B wrote:So I just saw this episode a night or so ago. It was pretty meh.

Pretty much sums up my view of the whole season.  They seem to have been treading water since episode one.

The earlier seasons seemed to have tighter, more compelling writing and better storytelling.  There may be many reasons for this, but my guess is it was because they were sticking closer to the books.  Their embellished/invented stuff, however, was exhibiting troubling signs, even then.

Now that they've begun inventing great swathes of material, which is only going grow in upcoming seasons, I think they are showing their weaknesses.  Good thing there is a whole web site to help them: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^So much this. This whole season feels so boring. The other seasons had so much going on, especially Seasons 1-3. Season 4 had a few things going on and then the trial for 4 or 5 episodes (it felt like). I feel like almost nothing has happened in Season 5 that's that exciting or big. I think they're TRYING to make everything exciting, but they're just failing at it...

The writing, the choreography, all of it has gone downhill.

At least the actors do the best with what they're given, but even they can't save it really. It feels like they've been cast in some high school kid's adaption of ASOIAF and are just meandering through it.
Jeff B
Jeff B

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat C Sun May 31, 2015 7:46 pm

Yes. This. All of this. I hate when such a promising premise goes so very badly.

[quote="Jeff BNow that they've begun inventing great swathes of material, which is only going grow in upcoming seasons, I think they are showing their weaknesses.  Good thing there is a whole web site to help them: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/quote]

^So much this. This whole season feels so boring. The other seasons had so much going on, especially Seasons 1-3. Season 4 had a few things going on and then the trial for 4 or 5 episodes (it felt like). I feel like almost nothing has happened in Season 5 that's that exciting or big. I think they're TRYING to make everything exciting, but they're just failing at it...

The writing, the choreography, all of it has gone downhill. [/quote]
Cat C
Cat C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top