TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other countries in comics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Other countries in comics Empty Other countries in comics

Post by Nuuni Nuunani Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:56 am

I thought it would be interesting to look at other countries in comics. The results are actually kinda interesting/amusing.

~Japan~

Marvel: LOTS of ninja. Also, no matter the building or context, everything will be sliding screens and tatami mats. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And a yakuza filled with super mutants that virtually rule the country from the shadows.
Oh, and all superheroes are public, work for the goverment and have been members of Big Hero Six at one time or another.
Also, theres a few evil samurai here and there such as masters of silence.
Annnnnd [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Godzilla exists in the marvel universe. XD

DC: Two superhero teams. 'Big Science Action' (Made up of a bunch of pop culture caricatures such as Ultraman)
And 'Super Young Team' which oddly enough, is made up of the reincarnations of the forever people who are all 'totally original and totally not ripoffs of the Justice League'. Their leader 'Most excellent superbat' used his near infinite wealth to buy all of Japan.
Im not finding much on the local villains (Though I recall Lord Deathman and inside-out-man were villains local to Japan.)
But there are ALOT of heroes in this version. Doctor Light, Katana, Bushido, Samurai, Mister Unknown (Credited for all the batmanga adventures) Sonny Sumo. And there seems to be some heroes who answer to the government, but it is mostly vigilante heroes.
Also home to Hiro Okamura (Toyman), the smartest person in the world. (As declared by Lex Luthor.)
Im actually...Not sure how much of this is canon in new 52. Super Young Team shouldn't be, as their the reincarnations of the forever people (Who are alive in new 52.) However their just about the only ones who I can confirm. (Briefly popped up in Batman Inc to help out out Mister Unknown.)

And just for fun...

Tezukaverse (Astro Boy): ROBOTS EVERYWHERE! A distant future where war has been obliterated and everyone uses robots and machines to automate virtually every task.
However its peaceful to the point of nihilism for some. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Science is super advanced, with very few technological wonders beyond humankind. Though still limited to the point that it cannot save a child who was hit by a car.

I will try to cover other countries when I can think of them, though if anyone can think of any interesting portrayals of countries such as Japan from different sources, feel free to speak up~
Hmm...I should probably touch on America next, though im not sure which versions would be the most entertaining to bring up...
Nuuni Nuunani
Nuuni Nuunani

ground

http://greenartfrostmagefire.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top