TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice League United

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Justice League United Empty Justice League United

Post by Nuuni Nuunani Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:24 am

I am really enjoying this series so far. The new premise of making a rotating team, with the core members consisting of Equinox, Stargirl, Animal Man and Alanna Strange was brilliant.

The latest issue brings them into time anomaly where a dozen different wars are being fought right on top of one another, with the JLU calling in Robotman from the doom patrol, Batgirl from Burnside, Steel and even Vandal Savage to help deal with this latest threat.

The characterization in this issue was a real treat, and I was amazed by the character interaction. I confess, I thought this team was totally bonkers and didn't really see it working, but the interaction is so good, that it is obvious that the writer has a strong grasp of these characters and was able to find fun ways to make them bounce off one another.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With the people promised to appear in this, I can't help but wonder what curious team ups we will see along the way. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nuuni Nuunani
Nuuni Nuunani

ground

http://greenartfrostmagefire.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Justice League United Empty Re: Justice League United

Post by Finest Fantasy Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:49 am

I haven't started the post Infinitus Saga JLU yet, but you've got me interested. It's always a treat to see John Irons, as well. He's one of my favorite Superman supporting heroes. As for the core team, I'll love anything with Courtney. She's wonderful. Though, I will miss seeing her with Papa J'onn. Their relationship in JLA/JLU was just adorable. I've never felt a lot of connection to Adam Strange, but I have really enjoyed Adam and Alanna in the series, so far. Equinox is new, so I'm still not quite certain how I feel about her. The Infinitus Saga was just excessively cluttered, what with the Legion of Superheroes joining in. So, I wasn't able to get quite a grasp on her.

Though, to be fair, I don't understand how Vandal Fucking Savage would ever be on any Justice League. That's just mind-boggling. Granted, Lex Luthor is on the main Justice League, so what the Hell do I know? Deathstroke is in that promo shot, as well. Which is just ludicrous. But, whatever. Captain Atom, Shazam, The Phantom Stranger, and The New 52 Justice League International are there, so the insane choices are limited. Part of me feels like they're just picking names out of a hat. Robotman and Vandal Savage? Just, what? Batgirl and Steel, I would be down with.

Though, Starfire is also on that poster. I kind of want to see Koriand'r, Mary Bromfield, and maybe a DC You! version of M'gann M'orzz join up with Courtney, Miiyahbin, and Alanna.

The post-Infinitus/DC You! iteration of the team; is it all one-shots or are they done in arcs? Either could be good, honest. Turn the book into an anthology series.
Finest Fantasy
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuuni Nuunani Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:00 am

Its arcs basically. While I say core members, they seem to only use one core member as a 'field leader' each time.
The first story arc post infinite saga was two issues, and featured a team up of Etigan/Jason Blood, Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy and Mera led by Equinox.
The current storyline is one issue in of a three issue piece. So it seems were going to get a new team, with each storyline being however long it takes. Personally, I think this works better than an issue by issue thing for this kind of set up, as it allows for the team to interact, and to see how unusual character combinations gel together.

Like, Batgirl and Steel are really chummy. And Robotman has a sort of deadpan humor thing going with Steel which is fun.
And Vandal....He has a talent for creating tension in the team. XD

Nuuni Nuunani
Nuuni Nuunani

ground

http://greenartfrostmagefire.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: