TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Rules & Regulations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Site Rules & Regulations Empty Site Rules & Regulations

Post by aesta Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:13 am

Hi everyone, and welcome to the TMS Treehouse! This forum is meant to be an unofficial, off-topic hangout for regulars of awesome website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I aim to keep this space as inclusive and safe as the comments section over at TMS. As such, some of our policies may [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Please get in touch with me if you have any questions or concerns, and have a great time here!  Razz

General Guidelines
  • This forum is intended to be complementary to (not competitive with) TMS's comments section, so please keep discussion of any articles posted to TMS over on TMS.
  • Feel free to use the color options for topic titles. Please don't use Red or Indigo, however, as those are reserved for mod purposes.
  • Some forums have specific guidelines, so please adhere to those, too!
  • Promotion (posting links to your blog, vlog, articles, etc.) is okay, as long as it isn't excessive. Advertising (promotion of your online store, or services for money) is not. tl;dr use your best judgment and don't spam the forums! Wink
  • As admin, I reserve the right to restrict membership to regular users of TMS's comments section at any time and for any reason.
  • Don't be a jerk!
Grounds for Comment Deletion
  • Personal attacks against another forum member. This can run from name-calling to sentences that include the words "people like you" or statements that begin "I bet you" or "you must/probably" etc. Basically, if you make a jerk comment, I'm gonna delete your jerk comment, so don't do it!
  • Jokes or aggressive negative comments on the aesthetic appearance of a person, or their avatar.
  • Hate speech or other clearly intentional jerk behavior. This includes, but is not limited to: the use of the word feminazi or a comment that denigrates women, feminism or feminists; broad imprecations or assumptions based on race; and anything that amounts to “ugh the gays,” “ugh liberals,” “ugh, fangirls,” etc.
Grounds for Banning
  • Engaging in any of the previously mentioned delete-worthy behaviors consistently and as part of a clear pattern OR presenting a particularly egregious example of one of those behaviors. We normally give one warning to a user before banning unless a pattern of behavior is clear. However, we reserve the right to skip that step.
  • Hate membership. If your history of commenting on TMS or participating in these forums makes it seem like you are only a member in order to start fights or specifically to disagree with or harass group members, we will ban you.
  • It is at the mods' discretion to ban anyone whom they determine to be a detriment to the atmosphere of the group. This is our group, and we want it to be a safe place.

Please note that the above guidelines pertain not only to forum posts, but to private messages, user avatars, and signatures as well.

Last edited by aesta on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
aesta
aesta
admin
admin

psychic
ghost

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top