TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons & Dragons Campaign

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dungeons & Dragons Campaign - Page 4 Empty Re: Dungeons & Dragons Campaign

Post by The Themysciran Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Understandable! I guess we'll set it for sure when we know our group, but I'm thinking 8 or 9 pm CT, that way those that work on weekends might be off work and it's not super late night for the East Coast folks.

Speaking of, I'm getting a little nervous picking the group, haha. Like I'm going over the list and I just feel bad that some people might be waiting a while for a second DM to appear. So I just want to throw it out there that if I don't pick someone it's not because I dislike you or don't want to play with you! I'll be making the decision based on availability and class diversity. I was thinking earlier too that it might be fair to pick people who don't have a group elsewhere or IRL? Like I'd feel less bad about leaving someone out if they're still getting their DnD fix versus leaving someone out who doesn't have anybody to game with.

*pressure intensifies*
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckSauce Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:53 am

8 or 9pm CST sounds almost cartoonishly good for me, I think thats Sunday Morning here.

I'd say given the work load for DMs you are here to have fun so pick accordingly. The DM/PC fun balance is a real thing and you need to remember to be forgiving of yourself. This is your campaign so pick people you want to play it. Pick names out of a hat if you can't do it.

Basically trust in everyone else to sort themselves out. It's not your job to make sure everyone has fun. Smile

Does anyone have Fiasco (It was played on Tabletop awhile back)? That might be a good pick up game for players with some experience?

I might be willing to run a simplified introductory Star Wars session or two for those who have never played anything before. I live in Perth Australia so time zones may be a factor.

DuckSauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:13 am

DuckSauce wrote:
Does anyone have Fiasco (It was played on Tabletop awhile back)? That might be a good pick up game for players with some experience?

I have Fiasco, and I've played it quite often, so I could run a game, no problem (well, moderate or introduce, because there is no GM). I live in Germany, though, so I've no idea if we can find a time that works for the US, Australia, and Europe Wink

I actually think Fiasco works really well with new gamers as well, because a lot of the game is free-form, which a lot of new gamers really enjoy.

How about I open a thread for one-shot games, where we can see if there is enough interest for a Fiasco?

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckSauce Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 am

Sounds good

DuckSauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Buxnalaus Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:08 am

8 or 9 CT works out well for me, and won't conflict with the timetable of the job I'm interviewing for, so that's good.

How long are we thinking each session will last, roughly? Somewhere around the three hour mark? More, less?
Buxnalaus
Buxnalaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:33 pm

DuckSauce wrote:Sounds good

I posted it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Let's see if we can get a few more players!

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Buxnalaus wrote:8 or 9 CT works out well for me, and won't conflict with the timetable of the job I'm interviewing for, so that's good.

How long are we thinking each session will last, roughly? Somewhere around the three hour mark? More, less?

I'd say two or three hours, no more than that.
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by Buxnalaus Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:42 pm

The Themysciran wrote:
Buxnalaus wrote:8 or 9 CT works out well for me, and won't conflict with the timetable of the job I'm interviewing for, so that's good.

I'd say two or three hours, no more than that.  

Then yeah, 8 or 9 CT works fine for me. It might get a little more tricky when DST ends, because I live in a country that completely ignores it, but that's a problem for me to solve in November.
Buxnalaus
Buxnalaus

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretagentR Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm est. I realized I said what days I'm available but not what time zone.
SecretagentR
SecretagentR

water

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:54 am

Hey guys!  Thanks for your patience, I finished finals on Friday and was just enjoying a few responsibility free days.  I also debated quite extensively who to pick because it's a reaaaaaaally hard decision for me.  I WANT TO PLAY WITH ALL OF YOU.  There was a lot of going back and forth and what it really came down to was class diversity.  I also wanted to limit how many players I have for the first campaign.  This is my first time DMing and I only played DnD at all a few times before, so I figured until I get used to the system less is best, BUT after the first campaign I'll reassess and add another player.  Chris will also be helping me put the first campaign together and help me during the actual game, I promise I didn't pick him just out of favouritism, haha.  Once I get my bearings we'll see if he can't help set up a second game too.

So without further ado:

Katrien
Aeryl
Harvey
Tony
Chris

I didn't get to really read much of the DM book yet (sorry) So I'm thinking we'll have our first game on Aug 22, 8pm CT? That'll give you the players ample time to create characters and me ample time to study the rules.

Also, personal request: You guys should think of a group name like in Rat Queens. JUST SAYIN.
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by HarveyT Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:13 pm

My vote for a name is "the sunshine brigade".
HarveyT
HarveyT

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Velez Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:26 am

Only if the name is chock full of irony.
Tony Velez
Tony Velez

grass
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciji Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Just found my way over yesterday. Loving the dnd excitement. We have a (too) huge group that meets all too infrequently. We played this weekend and it was chaotic (no pun intended) but fun. Wanted to say to Nocturama- some of those games sound awesome, particularly Golden Sky stories. I won't have time now to play but maybe someday .

Ciji

Back to top Go down

Post by HarveyT Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Does 80/20 irony work?
HarveyT
HarveyT

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:30 pm

I am super interested in this!

Got the link to this from recent article up today about All Female Dnd.

I would love to do 5th edition, as I have supplies and agree with above that it is a bit more user friendly I would say.

I am on EST - and weekends/nights work best for me. Thanks for putting this all together!

Meg,, btw Smile
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperSpecs Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm also interested and on EST. I don't have much of a preference for what edition as I've never actually played D&D before (I have played other tabletop rpgs). If the group is full then put me down for the next group that starts! Wink

SuperSpecs

dark
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 pm

I'd be interested in trying it too. Its something I've wanted to do for a while, but never got the chance. Since I'm not familiar with the different editions, I don't have a preference.

I'm on EST and the best times for me would probably be weekday evenings or weekend afternoons.

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi guys! We still badly need another DM, but I've added you to our spreadsheet. If you guys had particular classes you would like to play, I can add that as well! It would be helpful to a second DM to pick their players. And if you want to DM, I LOVE YOU! I have also updated the sheet to highlight in blue my current players, so a second DM knows who's already in a game:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Looking through the basic instructions, I'm leaning towards a human wizard I think.

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterycycle Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 am

The Themysciran wrote:Hi guys!  We still badly need another DM, but I've added you to our spreadsheet.  If you guys had particular classes you would like to play, I can add that as well!  It would be helpful to a second DM to pick their players.  And if you want to DM, I LOVE YOU!  I have also updated the sheet to highlight in blue my current players, so a second DM knows who's already in a game:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So you say you need another DM, huh?

Neutral

I'll have to give it some thought. I'm already participating in a few weekly games (an online Dragon Age game on Mondays, D&D Adventurers' League at the FLGS on Wednesdays, and an online Dungeon Crawl Classics game on Thursdays - wow, this is, like, the most I've regularly gamed ever). But it seems like a lot of nights I end up sitting on the couch watching Netflix with my wife, so it's not like I'm too busy...and I do like DMing...

I'm in the Central Time Zone. If I were to run something, it would probably be a short session, like two hours at the most. I won't commit just yet, but I'll contemplate for a bit.
mysterycycle
mysterycycle

flying
ghost

http://mysterycycle.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Oh I didn't see your post! Don't forget it doesn't necessarily have to be a weekly thing!

Our first session was Saturday and it was pretty fun! I was super nervous about DMing but once I got into it was really enjoyable.
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterycycle Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:33 pm

The Themysciran wrote:Oh I didn't see your post!  Don't forget it doesn't necessarily have to be a weekly thing!  

Our first session was Saturday and it was pretty fun!  I was super nervous about DMing but once I got into it was really enjoyable.

That is very cool! I ran my first Adventurers' League D&D game last night, so I totally sympathize about getting butterflies.

What setting are you playing in?
mysterycycle
mysterycycle

flying
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Forgotten Realms. I haven't played much DnD before but I played Neverwinter Nights and read a few of the Drizzt books, so I figured it was the safest one to go with.
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterycycle Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:51 pm

I think that's a good choice. It's standard-fantasy kitchen sink setting that lets people play most any kind of character they might come up with for D&D.

I also have a nostalgic attachment to the setting, based partly on the old Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale PC games; and partly on my positive impression of the original "Grey Box" 1st edition of the setting. I loved the parchment-yellow pages and in-world descriptions; even though I had started D&D with Greyhawk, and was still quite fond of it, the FR set was kind of a breath of fresh air when it came out.

I'm curious whether the people in this thread have a setting preference?
mysterycycle
mysterycycle

flying
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrien Caffeine Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 pm

I've always wanted to play a Planescape campaign, but it's so different from standard Dungeons & Dragons that I've never been able to convince anyone to try it.
Katrien Caffeine
Katrien Caffeine

psychic
water

http://katrien-caffeine.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top