TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penny Dreadful Finale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Penny Dreadful Finale Empty Penny Dreadful Finale

Post by Aeryl Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:38 pm

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH

I'm dying, so I'm talking about it.  

OH MY CINNAMON ROLLS??!?!!

WHY ETHAN??  

Well, at the same time, I can't say I'm surprised.  I have my romantic buttons and "idiots who walk away from TRU LUV for REASONS" is one of them.  After the episode ended I said to my partner, "Well the best ones always do leave at least once."  Ah Joscelin, (plus I speak from my own experience).

So Vanessa burned her cross, because her symbol of God's love for her walked away from her right?  

Ah Victor.  I can't decide whether I wish they'd killed you or not.  I mean, seriously, you shoot her?  Vanessa would be SO disappointed in you Proto-Peter.   AND Victor knows Lyle's secret.  IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO LYLE I WILL BE PISSED.  

So is Hecate going to be a bit of a free agent next season?  She doesn't really seem interested in Vanessa, but in Ethan?  

Evelyn went out like a punk, but that's what she gets for slaying Malcolm's glorious beard.  

Did Victor give Lily a uterus that functions?  It was a big part of the movie, so I'm curious if it will come into play.
Aeryl
Aeryl

Back to top Go down

Penny Dreadful Finale Empty Re: Penny Dreadful Finale

Post by Kris Smith Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:59 pm

- Vanessa's confrontation in Poole's inner sanctum was...incredible. Vanessa stopping the doll from talking was especially powerful.
- Hecate's role in the confrontation was a master stoke.
- I would have liked it better if Victor and Sir Malcolm had made it out of their delusions on their own.
- I don't get why Victor all of sudden went all "Come home, Lily." He faced his demons in the mansion, and I thought he was going to tell Lily the truth about herself. What he did doesn't make sense storywise. It only makes sense as a way for Lily to have her great exposition.
- I get Caliban sparing the Putney daughter now. I thought that he was going to let her live on as a blind woman all alone in the world. What really happened is that he saw what he had done to her parents, and he couldn't bring himself to kill her. He's done with all of the killing. He's going to go far away and live by himself.
- Despite him being a Nice Guy, after that scene with Vanessa and Caliban, I ship them more than I ship Vanessa with Ethan.
- They shaved Ethan's head.
- Where was Victor in the final montage?
- Where was Hecate?
- The showrunner has teased that we'll see another literary character next season, and someone speculated that it will be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I would love to see him become a mentor to Victor. Or perhaps the vampires will make a reappearance, and we'll see a famous one. Dracula, Varney, or Carmilla, anyone?
Kris Smith
Kris Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeryl Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 pm

Despite him being a Nice Guy, after that scene with Vanessa and Caliban, I ship them more than I ship Vanessa with Ethan.

I felt SO BAD for Caliban when he asked her to go with him and she gave him a "it's not you it's me" speech. A totally accurate and true speech, but you just KNOW Caliban was like "Whatever heard this shit before". He HAS learned how to take rejection, so kudos.

I assumed Victor was at his flat. The symbolism of using the vein in his hand means he won't be there for long. He'll no longer be able to sustain himself as a doctor when his addiction is obvious. I disagree that his actions at Dorian's don't make any story sense.

Victor faced his demons, but he didn't defeat them. He was succumbing. I do agree he intended to go home and tell Lily the truth. However, when she is no longer there(For serious? Victor you were gone for weeks) his fears of losing Lily overcame his judgement and he went searching for her at the only place he could think of, to find his worst fears confirmed.

I cried when I saw they cut Ethan's hair. And I doubt Caliban will stay gone. Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde is a good guess, but I wonder if Logan will take the chance and go more obscure.
Aeryl
Aeryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum