TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group/Player search thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Group/Player search thread Empty Group/Player search thread

Post by Nocturama Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:02 am

After pointing a few more people in this direction, I think a general thread to search for groups, players, or games could be useful. I hope this will make it a little easier to organize game sessions, especially for new players.

So, if you are new to tabletop RPGs and would like to give it a try, if you are looking for somebody to run a game in a certain system or setting, or searching for players to join your group, feel free to ask here!

Once a group has formed, details can be discussed in a new thread.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Group/Player search thread Empty Re: Group/Player search thread

Post by Finest Fantasy Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Eh, what the Hell? I'll give it a go.

I want to do either D&D 5th Edition or a superhero RPG. For the latter, I'm open to whatever. Since, I'm unfamiliar with the numerous systems. I do have access to Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition (and the DC Adventures source books), though. I can prolly get any other books, through sources, however.
Finest Fantasy
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:23 am

Finest Fantasy wrote:Eh, what the Hell? I'll give it a go.

I want to do either D&D 5th Edition or a superhero RPG. For the latter, I'm open to whatever. Since, I'm unfamiliar with the numerous systems. I do have access to Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition (and the DC Adventures source books), though. I can prolly get any other books, through sources, however.

I can't help with DnD, but I think Pixel Scientist thought about doing a second superhero campaign?

If you are open to a one-shot contained to a single evening, I could run a game of Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, which is probably my favorite superhero RPG.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:16 am

I was thinking for Halloween, I might do a World of Darkness one shot adventure.  The players will be playing mortal characters put in a scary situation, but I don't really want to say more without spoiling it.  I'd want four players for this but I could possibly taken on five.  It's a brief adventure that hopefully can get concluded in one session, but it might go long depending on gameplay.

If you're new to the World Of Darkness, that's actually a great thing!  I find it hard to scare or surprise veterans who read all the supplements because as soon as you reveal something is a werewolf or ghost or faerie, they know all about their mechanics and weaknesses.  The mechanics are fairly simple and I can work out the character with you before the game, or you can use a premade NPC if you wish, I have a few lying around.  Since you're playing mortals you won't have any powers to worry about.

We don't have to play on Halloween and I'll have to ask the DnD group anyway if they want to cancel our session so people can go out and celebrate, but perhaps we can do it some time in the week leading up to Halloween.  Right now I just want to put out feelers to see who's interested.

And if you are, let me know if you have any triggers!  I'll say right now I absolutely will not feature sexual assault scenes or copious amounts of gore, but depending on what triggers you I can alter what's going to happen or let you know in advance.
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by Finest Fantasy Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 am

I'd be down for Halloween WoD.
Finest Fantasy
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Interested yes, very much, but I'll be in China at that time, and I highly doubt I'll be able to join in Crying or Very sad

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Yay for China though! If it goes well, I might do more in the future (there's a book full of short adventures I'd love to do), I just can't make it a weekly thing.
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrien Caffeine Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:08 pm

I would love to try WoD and I would also be open to a Marvel one-shot.

Really, I would just like to try new RPG's in general and one shots sound like a great way to do so!
Katrien Caffeine
Katrien Caffeine

psychic
water

http://katrien-caffeine.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:47 am

The Themysciran wrote:Yay for China though!  If it goes well, I might do more in the future (there's a book full of short adventures I'd love to do), I just can't make it a weekly thing.

That would be very cool Very Happy I don't have time for a weekly game anyway, so I really like one-shots.

I guess I'll offer Marvel Heroic as my next one-shot (in the Marvel Universe or not, players choice).

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sasquatch Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:34 pm

I am very much interested and hoping I'll be out of the closet by then so I won't have to be as secretive about what I'm doing on the internet so my family won't worry.
Scarlet Sasquatch
Scarlet Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sasquatch Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 pm

I don't really have any triggers I'd want a DM to avoid, btw. I'd say I'm most afraid of heights and insects but I think that last one actually makes horror a bit more interesting for me for some reason.
Scarlet Sasquatch
Scarlet Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrakul Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:59 am

I'm up for most games. I know a bit of Old WoD, but not a ton. Mostly VtM and Mage, and a very little bit of Wraith and Werewolf. I know almost no New WoD, though.

I would also love to run something for you fine folks, but I don't really know what to run. I have some ideas, but nothing super concrete.

Ideas include:
Renaissance fantasy military campaign
Sci-fi colonial survival horror game
Early-medieval fantasy survival/leadership campaign (think Banner Saga and the like)

Let me know if any of those sound interesting to you.

Jarrakul

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:38 am

I made a post concerning superheroes/Marvel heroic in the one-shot thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If you are interested, please step over there Very Happy

Jarrakul wrote:I would also love to run something for you fine folks, but I don't really know what to run. I have some ideas, but nothing super concrete.

Ideas include:
Renaissance fantasy military campaign
Sci-fi colonial survival horror game
Early-medieval fantasy survival/leadership campaign (think Banner Saga and the like)

Let me know if any of those sound interesting to you.

If you do one-shots, I'm interested Wink  Especially the sci-fi horror sounds like something you could do in one evening.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top