TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Heroic (One-Shot Game Offers)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marvel Heroic (One-Shot Game Offers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvel Heroic (One-Shot Game Offers)

Post by SuperSpecs Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:03 pm

I would love to play a one shot. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and not able to play the weekend of the 6th. Hopefully I can jump into a game at a later (or earlier) date!

SuperSpecs

dark
psychic

Back to top Go down

Marvel Heroic (One-Shot Game Offers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvel Heroic (One-Shot Game Offers)

Post by DTCarter Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Trail of Cthulhu/Fear Itself sounds like something I would be interested in. As long as it is a morning/afternoon game, I could make it, I have a race the next day so I like to try to pretend to go to bed early. ;-)

DTCarter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:20 am

SuperSpecs wrote:I would love to play a one shot. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and not able to play the weekend of the 6th. Hopefully I can jump into a game at a later (or earlier) date!

That should be no problem, I'll surely offer something at a later date Smile

DTCarter wrote:Trail of Cthulhu/Fear Itself sounds like something I would be interested in. As long as it is a morning/afternoon game, I could make it, I have a race the next day so I like to try to pretend to go to bed early. ;-)

I think it will be at a similar time as before, which means morning in the US and evening in Europe (start at about four or five pm UTC - I could play earlier, but not much later).

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Trail of Cthulu sounds like a lot of fun.

Are the games for experienced people, or can people who are new to role playing games join up?

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 am

Thiazin Red wrote:Trail of Cthulu sounds like a lot of fun.

Are the games for experienced people, or can people who are new to role playing games join up?

Anybody who is interested can join up (you just need to be okay with the theme, playtime, and the fact that I'm not a native speaker, which might lead to strange pronunciation and word-fumbling Wink ). So you're very welcome if you want to play!

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 am

The time sounds fine to me. Is there a good place to look up the rules? Do people use skype, or another program?

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Marvel Heroic (One-Shot Game Offers) - Page 2 Empty Trail of Cthulhu - 9.6. (2/5 players)

Post by Nocturama Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:43 pm

Great, with DTCarter we would have two players. I'm optimistic we can find a third person for the session Smile

I like to use Google Hangouts if possible. It works well with a webcam (it's your choice to use one or not) and has a lot of convenient plug-ins. If you have a G+-account, you can use it. If not, we can think about another technical solution.

Pelgrane Press has the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on their website - don't worry too much about memorizing them, we'll use them as we need them (and they aren't that complicated).

There are a number of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for this adventure, so you don't have to create a character from scratch (it's okay to swap genders (but keep in mind it's 1935), and you can play as whatever gender you want). If somebody wants to create their own character, please tell me.

Our adventure is called "A Dance in the Blood", and here's a little introduction:

1935, Keswick, England.

I has been raining for days. The drops on the window pane writhe and turn like worms. Maybe it's just the mist and moisture, but the hills seem alien, like the limbs of some slimy subterranean creature.
You've made your way here by train or car, and found yourself in the Blackstone Hotel. Once a charming place, now the red-and-gold wallpaper has turned to red-and-ochre, the furniture is scuffed, and the smell of mold permeates. It's even stronger than the smell of fresh soil.
You like that smell. It smells like home.
In the hotel bar, you meet other travelers. They are strangers, but for a moment you can't shake the feeling that you know them, that they are familiar.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:29 pm

That story sounds just aces dollface (1930s slang is fun).

I think I'd like to give it a try making a character, but if the other people want to use the pre-made ones I'm fine with that. If we're going with the pre-made ones, I'll take Rosa.

The descriptions remind me of those murder mystery dinner party games. My group of friends in high school did a bunch of them, I wonder if they're even a thing anymore.

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:30 am

Thiazin Red wrote:That story sounds just aces dollface (1930s slang is fun).

I think I'd like to give it a try making a character, but if the other people want to use the pre-made ones I'm fine with that. If we're going with the pre-made ones, I'll take Rosa.

We can use a mixture of pre-made and new characters, no problem. They don't know each other and are in Keswick for different reasons anyway. There are a few things to keep in mind when creating a character for that scenario:

Alternately,  allow  players  to  create their own Investigators. Requirements:

• They are aged between 30 and 35.
• They do not know each other.
• They have different reasons to be in Keswick.
• Someone takes the Medicine ability.
• One has a brother called Geoffrey, preferably as a Source of Stability.

Some  abilities  are  particularly  useful within  the  scenario,  particularly Library Use, Physics, Archaeology and Art. Others are not and should be avoided;  these  include  Art  History, Cryptography,  Law,  Cop  Talk, Chemistry and Pharmacy. Although Investigators might have these abilities, they should have others more useful to the scenario.

Thiazin Red wrote:The descriptions remind me of those murder mystery dinner party games. My group of friends in high school did a bunch of them, I wonder if they're even a thing anymore.

They are still a thing, at least here in Germany Smile  This game is a little different, because Lovecraft's stories have a rather bleak outlook on life - which means, they don't always have a clear-cut solution. Sometimes, there is no solution at all, only the realization that humans are nothing but organic blobs on the then membrane of reality, under which creatures and places lurk, so alien, your mind will shatter when you glimpse them.
(/dramamodeoff)
But seriously, please nobody be disappointed when the investigators end up mad, dead, or experience a fate worse than death Wink

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by DTCarter Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm kind of liking the doctor character, if you think a gender swapped doctor would work with the 1935 setting.

DTCarter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:04 am

DTCarter wrote: I'm kind of liking the doctor character, if you think a gender swapped doctor would work with the 1935 setting.

It would certainly be unusual, but sure, why not? We can be as true to history as we want.
You are also very welcome to play a male character if you're comfortable with that (I personally play men about half the time).

It'd be cool to have another player, so if you two know someone who would be interested, feel free to ask them!

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by HarveyT Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Uhm, when do you all play, I've only done a couple of one shots with Chtulhu but may be interested in giving it a try if you need a third.
HarveyT
HarveyT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:20 am

HarveyT wrote:Uhm, when do you all play, I've only done a couple of one shots with Chtulhu but may be interested in giving it a try if you need a third.

We'll play September 6th (next Sunday), start at about four or five pm UTC, which should be morning in the US. I live in Germany and can't start much later because of the time difference. If that's okay for you, you're welcome to join.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:53 am

I think I'll go with using Rosa the premade character.

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Post by DTCarter Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:34 pm

If we still need/have space for another player my brother is interested.

DTCarter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:22 am

Sure, no problem! Just send him my G+-Profile so I can add him, and the link to the pregenerated characters.

Would it be okay to start at four p.m. UTC or is that too early?

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:50 am

That will be fine for me.

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:48 am

The invitation is out. Please accept it, and once the time for the event is there, a blue button called something like "Enter Hangout" will appear on the event page.

Thiazin, if you have a little time, try opening a hangout yourself to check if everything is working - online play frequently suffers from such setbacks and so we can troubleshoot beforehand.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Everything appears to be okay, I can join no problem and the mic and camera are working.

Thiazin Red

Back to top Go down

Post by DTCarter Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:22 pm

OK, that time works for me and I got the invite.

Have a feeling it might be too early for my brother, I haven't confirmed with him yet but I would put him down as a maybe, tending toward no.

DTCarter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:14 am

Okay, three players are a bit better for more interactions, but two should be fine as well. We can also start at five pm, if that's better for your brother.

I woke up with a cold this morning, so there is a light chance that my voice decides to give in... and you will have to endure some sneezing and coughing Wink

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 am

As mentioned in the player search-thread, I would like to run the sadly discontinued Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Game. Based on the Cortex+-System, it's one of my favorite Superhero RPGs. The rules aren't particularly complicated, even though they might be a bit unusual if you are more used to the classical approach used in games like Mutants & Masterminds or Champions.

As always, I can only run the game at a European-friendly time, which will probably be something like UTC 17:00. Also, I'm slightly nervous as a GM and not a native speaker, so be aware there might be some stuttering or misunderstandings Wink
I like to play via Hangouts, but am also open to Roll20 or another solution.

We can do this one of two ways:

1. Play in the Marvel Universe. Most heroes already have character sheets, others can be found online. I've read Marvel comics for some time, but dropped out a few years back, so don't expect me to know that Storm has fused with the Ghost Rider or that Hulk is blue right now. I'd prefer to do something out of continuity anyway, so whatever incarnation of his favorite character they want.
We can either choose a team or find some reason why those characters hang out together.

2. Do something ourselves. We can also create our own kitchen sink superhero universe, or do something a little more unusual. We'd need two sessions for this: one to create the background and characters, one to play.
Marvel Heroic is geared towards high action (sprinkled with a little drama), so whatever we do should incorporate that. A lot of action anime like Fullmetal Alchemist or Sailor Moon would work very well with the system, while something low-key like Heroes or Sense8 would not.

And that's about it. 3-5 players would be good.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:26 am

No interest at all? Or is the forum dormant?

I should also mention that of course there is no need to know the rules beforehand (which, in this case, isn't even possible). I'll explain everything in play.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:37 pm

You should mention it in the Things We Saw Today posts. I think people forget about the forum a lot/a lot of people still don't know about it.
The Themysciran
The Themysciran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:00 am

I actually thought about doing that, too. The only problem is... I'm normally asleep when the post goes up Sleep Stupid time difference.

I haven't yet given up hope, I'd still like to play with you guys, but I'm not in a particular hurry, which means I'll leave the offer open.

On related note: my will was weak and I backed the really neat looking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a Teen Titan/Young Avengers-style superteen RPG powered by the excellent Apocalypse World Engine. I'd like to give it a try, and could run it instead of Marvel Heroic.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum