TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Private Hosting Poll!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we move the Treehouse?

Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential Private Hosting Poll!

Post by wondercube Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Katherinethegrape wrote:I still like Wingardium Furiosa.
I wish we had the option to like posts haha. That's cute. Smile
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Potential Private Hosting Poll! - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential Private Hosting Poll!

Post by GeorgeT Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:38 am

Is there a decide-by date? I've been spending too much time playing Diablo 3 and only popping in here every couple of days so I'm expecting to click my bookmark one day and get a terrifying 404 error, lol.
omg
GeorgeT
GeorgeT

ice
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by kryptoknight Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:36 am

This is just the best. Very Happy
kryptoknight
kryptoknight

fire
psychic

http://kryptoknight01.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kinoumenthe Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 am

kryptoknight wrote:

This is just the best.  Very Happy

Totally IS. albino Very Happy
kinoumenthe
kinoumenthe

grass
dragon

https://weshallbeheroes.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelScientist Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:05 pm

GeorgeT wrote:Is there a decide-by date? I've been spending too much time playing Diablo 3 and only popping in here every couple of days so I'm expecting to click my bookmark one day and get a terrifying 404 error, lol.
Any change should be announced in advance. My guess is that aesta would share whatever is decided, and then we'd work on setting up the new site.

Ideally, we'd put everything together, set up some sort of CMS, create the unique branded template, and then go on our merry way. All of that would take a bit of time.

We should also be able to keep this site up for a bit. I'd recommend preventing the creation of new accounts and/or posts, and then encourage members to go to wherever the new site is. I'm not certain if Forumotion would allow us to use a redirect script; the amount of control that we have over the current forums is pretty narrow.

PixelScientist
admin
admin

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelScientist Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Just to follow up with available domains:

• IntersectionalGeek.com
  • WingardiumFuriosa.com
  • Furisues.com
  • WeAreFuriosa.com
  • WeAreFurisues.com

I continue to be wary of any name using the word Sue, if only because I don't want to infringe on an existing brand. However, it's a good way to indicate that it's an expansion on the existing community.

Just keep in mind that The Mary Sue is part of Abrams Media Network, which is likely to have access to resources to proactively protect a brand within their network!

PixelScientist
admin
admin

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kinoumenthe Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:32 am

My personal thoughts on the names :

I like intersectional Geek because it's pretty self-explanatory, even if it's not a play on words and has not obvious link to TMS. But the forum still can have a sub-title like this one does "An off-topic hangout for TMS regulars!". So I guess it could be ok.
I love Wingardium Furiosa because of its whimsy (but I'd see more a whole section of the forum with this name)
… Furisues ? That sounds a little bit specific for an intersectional forum Very Happy (I have nothing against furries though :b)
- We are Furiosa sounds more like a fan forum of the movie…

I agree that we should probably stay away from anything that seems to encroach on TMS "brand".
kinoumenthe
kinoumenthe

grass
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:38 am

Hail Mary Sue, Mother of Geeks God.com
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelScientist Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:59 am

It's unnecessary, but I did want to point out that HailMaryMotherOfGeeks.com is available. Unfortunately, MotherOfGeeks.com (which amused me) is not.

Edit: DiversiGeek.com? It's shorter than IntersectionalGeek.com which relies on people being able to consistently spell "intersectional" correctly. I also have a thing for portmanteaus.

PixelScientist
admin
admin

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:25 pm

MotherofGeeks.com would've been so good lol.

Diversuefy.... Diversify. x)
I know we're not going the "sue" route, but I couldn't help it.

MotherOfDorks
MotherOfNerds

NerdyFanpeople.com
lolololol that's dumb tho.

NerdsGeeksAndOtherThings.com x)

I'll stop now.
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by aesta Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Ooh, I like DiversiGeek! WingardiumFuriosa is amazing, but would get us into double copyright trouble. I am totally gonna use it as my troll battle cry from now on, though. >:]

To answer an earlier question: The move will take some time, so please don't worry about the forums suddenly vanishing! PixelScientist and I are working out some details, so once we have everything planned, I will announce info about the move + an estimated completion date for the new space.

This forum will stay up & open for a couple months after the new space is ready, with a global announce + PMs to all users with the new URL. Membership will be closed during that time to help avoid any confusion. I'll also make announcements for the new place in Things We Saw Today, so everyone will have plenty of time to make the move before I delete the forumotion account.

As of now, it seems like a few of y'all had concerns about Option 2 (me using everyone's emails to create new accounts and manually move all forum content), so we'll probably go with Option 1 and start from scratch. Will make an Official Announcement And Such once we're ready to move forward with that, so please keep posting your suggestions and concerns in the mean time! c:
aesta
aesta
admin
admin

psychic
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WheelchairNinja Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:55 pm

We seem to be veering away from having the URL be too close to TheMarySue (which is understandable from an "infringing on their copyright" perspective) but I do just want to point out that if we wanted to stick with the current theme, TMSTreehouse.com is available. Maybe something like this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WheelchairNinja
WheelchairNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by kinoumenthe Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:03 pm

That does look great too Smile
kinoumenthe
kinoumenthe

grass
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurelinde Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 am

Haha I love the sign! Very Happy
Laurelinde
Laurelinde
global mod
global mod

dragon
fairy

http://laurelindebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aesta Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Late reply is late - That background is a true work of art and I want it on all the things.

ETA:

Hi, everyone!

Thank you for all of your feedback on the Potential Private Hosting thread! With the help of the intrepid PixelScientist, we'll move forward with re-hosting the forums on our very own domain. It will take a while to get that up and running, but please look forward to a shiny, new, expanded version of our tiny Treehouse - and in the mean time, keep being awesome here! Very Happy

Based on your feedback, I will not be moving any of the threads from this forum over to the new one. However, this forum will stay up with closed membership plus a big ol' link to the new place for at least a month once the new place is up, so you'll all be able to copy/paste any info from here over our new digs.

In the more immediate future, please look forward to a sticky in the Treehouse Talk forum, where I'll post regular updates on the new site's progress + some more info on what exciting new things will come along with it! Very Happy

As always - Thanks for being one of my favorite communities, and I hope you all continue to enjoy this space! Like a Star @ heaven
aesta
aesta
admin
admin

psychic
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top