Dragon Age: Show off your characters~

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragon Age: Show off your characters~

Post by zanite on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:07 am

I think the Free Marches more like the old European city states. I alsohope we visit Tevinter at some point, it sounds really different.

Anyone else got the new DLC? What do you make of it?
zanite

water
ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:23 am

zanite wrote:I think the Free Marches more like the old European city states. I alsohope we visit Tevinter at some point, it sounds really different.

Anyone else got the new DLC? What do you make of it?
I haven't played either DLC yet... Holding off on beating the main game forever since once I do, I'm worried I'll lose interest in my current play through. TToTT

If you guys want to talk about the details it in this thread, please make clear spoiler warnings/tags so I can know not to read. x)
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeryl on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:14 pm

I can't bring myself to romance Merrill, rivalry or otherwise, I'm too judgemental. And I'm ALWAYS BFFs FOR LYFE with Aveline.
Aeryl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurelinde on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 am

Aeryl wrote:I can't bring myself to romance Merrill, rivalry or otherwise, I'm too judgemental.  And I'm ALWAYS BFFs FOR LYFE with Aveline.

Aveline is my fave! It's a bit weird because canonically it seems like Varric is meant to be Hawke's closest friend and staunchest ally, and I did like Varric, but I felt like my Hawke was closer with Aveline. They'd known each other longer and Aveline was like her big sister. Aveline was the one who came to comfort her after that last straw event in Act 3 (Hawke and Fenris being still 'on a break' at the time.)

Merrill is the only one I ended up rivalling, I think, although Anders was kind of all over the place and I didn't have Isabella quite high enough to stay after Act 2 so she booked it. I really should replay it someday and be more careful about getting her approval up; I liked her, but she was the same spec I always play (dagger rogue) so I didn't have her in the party much. Same thing with Zevran and Cole.

Laurelinde
global mod
global mod

dragon
fairy

View user profile http://laurelindebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Servilius Ahala on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:13 am

I read somewhere that Nevarra is supposed to be the Iberian peninsula before it became Spain. The writers clearly borrowed the name from Navarre. And Antiva is the Thedosian equivalent of the Kingdom of Sicily, though the importance of merchants reminds me of Venice and Genoa.

And Aveline is totally awesome. She, Cass and Morrigan are my favorite characters from all of DA.
Servilius Ahala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Servilius Ahala on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:30 am

My total Don Juan of a Warden was ironically named Britomart Cousland and was a weapon & shield warrior. She ended up romancing Leliana somehow, even though she always went to seek out Morrigan and make fun of the Maker and the Chantry whenever the lay sister started rambling about her vision (fortunately Leliana really grew on me in Inquisition). The murder of her family made her cold-blooded and ruthless, though she was still capable of acts of kindness toward those in need. She made Anora sole ruler of Ferelden and got Alistair executed (heeheehee evil laughs), had been BFFs with Morrigan until she denied her the Dark Ritual, since Cousland believed nobody could be trusted with making an Old God baby and also because she longed for a heroic death. But before Ferelden had much time to mourn their hero, she was resurrected because apparently the Awakening expansion allows you to import even a dead Warden... Rolling Eyes

I didn't customize my "canon" Hawke, Licida's appearance since I quite liked the pre-set look and I got lazy. She was a two-handed warrior and a notorius jester, fighting blood magic with sarcasm. She got along with Aveline and Varric famously and romanced Isabela, cared deeply for her little sister but still sided with the Templars, begging the Knight-Commander to see reason in vain.

My first Inquisitor was an asexual Qunari warrior similarly given an ironic name, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which means something like "hot flanks/eager sex" in ancient Circassian. Her towering height and enormous horns made her look intimidating, but she was in fact the nicest person one could find in all of Thedas. She saved the Templars from the big baddy, and with the help of her lady-love Josephine, charmed the Orlesian court and crushed the warmongering Grand Duke. Leliana was elected the next Divine and a new age of female leaders ruling together with their girlfriends dawned in Thedas. Laughing

My other Inquisitor, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], was a pro-Circle mage, though she was no fan of the Chantry. Her support for the institution was practical rather than religious. The youngest child of a minor noble family, she was rather irresponsible and full of wacky ideas, such as trying to stop the Orlesian civil war by staging a play (I had Seneca's Thyestes in mind, lol) or lecturing the troops about the benefits of peace and the dangers of war, which her advisors did not find all that amusing. She conscripted the mages and was not shy about performing the Rite of Tranquility. Unsurprisingly, Vivienne became the Divine.
Servilius Ahala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeryl on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Lauralinde, I LOVE Isabela. I have to work HARD not to romance her. My last playthrough I didn't, but I didn't get her up high enough for her to stay. I'm kinda glad to, because that Hawke was an ass and he'd have sent her back with the Arishok.
Aeryl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Servilius Ahala wrote:My total Don Juan of a Warden was ironically named Britomart Cousland and was a weapon & shield warrior. She ended up romancing Leliana somehow, even though she always went to seek out Morrigan and make fun of the Maker and the Chantry whenever the lay sister started rambling about her vision (fortunately Leliana really grew on me in Inquisition). The murder of her family made her cold-blooded and ruthless, though she was still capable of acts of kindness toward those in need. She made Anora sole ruler of Ferelden and got Alistair executed (heeheehee evil laughs), had been BFFs with Morrigan until she denied her the Dark Ritual, since Cousland believed nobody could be trusted with making an Old God baby and also because she longed for a heroic death. But before Ferelden had much time to mourn their hero, she was resurrected because apparently the Awakening expansion allows you to import even a dead Warden... Rolling Eyes
That sounds like quite the playthrough. x)

I actually used the "Equal Love Mod" to make Alistair/Morrigan available to both male and female Wardens. I had a horrible blood mage named [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Amell who also had Alistair murdered, and performed the Dark Ritual with Morrigan to make the old god baby and prevent her death (the option was open to my female warden due to the EL mod haha). I figured a blood mage could somehow make that work. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the derpiest screenshot ever of that moment. x)

Other devious things I did: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in his cage. The latter screen wasn't even taken by me, the game took it for me. I installed the nudity mod for Origins, and I was streaking through Lothering and magic happened.

I didn't customize my "canon" Hawke, Licida's appearance since I quite liked the pre-set look and I got lazy. She was a two-handed warrior and a notorius jester, fighting blood magic with sarcasm. She got along with Aveline and Varric famously and romanced Isabela, cared deeply for her little sister but still sided with the Templars, begging the Knight-Commander to see reason in vain.

My Hawke lady was a mage and Aveline was her bestie. Isabela was her kinda-more-than-friends companion that she had a connection/attraction to, but ultimately fell for Merrill. Varric and my Hawke were never as close as the game likes try and make you, and I actually ended up murdering Fenris at the end of the game because he betrayed me (little asshat).

My first Inquisitor was an asexual Qunari warrior similarly given an ironic name, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which means something like "hot flanks/eager sex" in ancient Circassian. Her towering height and enormous horns made her look intimidating, but she was in fact the nicest person one could find in all of Thedas. She saved the Templars from the big baddy, and with the help of her lady-love Josephine, charmed the Orlesian court and crushed the warmongering Grand Duke. Leliana was elected the next Divine and a new age of female leaders ruling together with their girlfriends dawned in Thedas. Laughing

My other Inquisitor, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], was a pro-Circle mage, though she was no fan of the Chantry. Her support for the institution was practical rather than religious. The youngest child of a minor noble family, she was rather irresponsible and full of wacky ideas, such as trying to stop the Orlesian civil war by staging a play (I had Seneca's Thyestes in mind, lol) or lecturing the troops about the benefits of peace and the dangers of war, which her advisors did not find all that amusing. She conscripted the mages and was not shy about performing the Rite of Tranquility. Unsurprisingly, Vivienne became the Divine.

I still haven't beat DAI, though I've made multiple characters. x)

I like your play throughs! I think I'm going to make Cass the Divine in my main/canon playthrough, but I'm tempted to pick Viv because fierce mage lady. But I think Viv's ideas are too different from my own to really justify that. As for Leli, I think she's gone too far into the darkside to really deserve the position of Divine.
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Servilius Ahala on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:08 pm

wondercube wrote:
Other devious things I did: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in his cage. The latter screen wasn't even taken by me, the game took it for me. I installed the nudity mod for Origins, and I was streaking through Lothering and magic happened.

Hahaha, sounds like your Warden had fun! I played Origins on a Mac so I couldn't use mods, but now that I have a PC, maybe I'll give them a try. I wonder if "Equal Love" can also be applied to marriage with Anora? I love me a royal wedding. (And since she doesn't seem to want offspring anyway, what difference does it make whether she marries a male Cousland or a female one in the first place?)

Speaking of Leliana, there's two decisions you can make in Inquisition to keep her from completely slipping into darkness, though I find "Dark" Leliana more compelling as a character. Dark or not, I was really impressed when she said, "The Chantry dictated where it should have inspired. It spoke of judgment instead of acceptance. It should encourage the good in everyone, rather than rebuke us for our sins." But by that time I had already made too many pro-Circle decisions for her to be elected. Razz
Servilius Ahala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Servilius Ahala wrote:Hahaha, sounds like your Warden had fun! I played Origins on a Mac so I couldn't use mods, but now that I have a PC, maybe I'll give them a try. I wonder if "Equal Love" can also be applied to marriage with Anora? I love me a royal wedding. (And since she doesn't seem to want offspring anyway, what difference does it make whether she marries a male Cousland or a female one in the first place?)

The Equal Love mod most certainly opens up the same sex potential to become King/Queen. My previously mentioned (male) Warden, Cyprien Cousland romanced Alistair and became "Queen" of Ferelden. x)

The possibility/irony of that circumstance didn't even occur to me until the option was presented to me hahaha. It might be my favorite DA moment. The mod can't change the dialogue of course, so Morrigan will refer to you as man and Alistair will refer to you as a woman if you romance them with a same-sex warden lol. And the King/Queen title follows suit. It just head canon Cyprien x Alistair as the kind of playful teasing gay men engage in a lot by referring to each other with female pronouns/titles. x)
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zanite on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:29 am

@wondercube did you know originally you were meant to be able to do the ritual with Morrigan even if you were a lady? I kinda like how it is now though, since you have to ask Loghain or Alistair if they'll do a 'magical sex ritual' with Morrigan. And their lines are HILARIOUS.
zanite

water
ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Servilius Ahala on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:15 am

wondercube wrote:
The Equal Love mod most certainly opens up the same sex potential to become King/Queen. My previously mentioned (male) Warden, Cyprien Cousland romanced Alistair and became "Queen" of Ferelden. x)

Oooh nice! Laughing
Servilius Ahala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:42 am

zanite wrote:@wondercube did you know originally you were meant to be able to do the ritual with Morrigan even if you were a lady? I kinda like how it is now though, since you have to ask Loghain or Alistair if they'll do a 'magical sex ritual' with Morrigan. And their lines are HILARIOUS.
Ohh, that's interesting. I wonder how they were going to go about doing that. Probably something involving blood magic like I was joking about. x)

I don't think I've ever asked Alistair or Loghain to do it though. Even though I was in a relationship with Zevran, I had my dalish guy do the ritual, cause he got pretty close with Morrigan (and I imagined him being more or less pansexual and polyamorous anyway lol).
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterycycle on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Story time! Any excuse to bloviate about my Dragon Age characters...

(EDIT: I don't know how spoilery this thread is supposed to get; I know there was mention at the thread's opening post that this isn't the place to discuss plot stuff, but I got a little flowery with my descriptions of events and I figured there were already enough spoilers in earlier posts that I didn't need to sweat it. And I'm still playing through Inquisition for the first time... Anyway, spoilers ahead)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My Warden was Braidan Cousland, a noble-hearted fellow raised on stories of chivalry and heroism, ready to accept the responsibility of inheriting and ruling Highever, and happy to flirt when given the opportunity. The murder of his family and the betrayal at Ostagar shook him, but Alastair was instrumental in helping him to regain his bearings, and Leliana - whom he fell in love with - helped him to keep his moral compass, while his convictions were put to the test again and again. He convinced his best friend and fellow Grey Warden to commit to a marriage to Anora, in order to secure support against Teyrn Loghain and ensure the Blight would be met with the united force of Denerim's armies, even though he knew that Alastair despised the idea. Braidan slew Loghain himself, so that Anora wouldn't harbor resentment against her fiancee for the deed. However, upon the tower when they faced the Archdemon, Alastair made his plea to slay the creature, and Braidan realized that Alastair no longer needed to become king - his purposes in doing so had already been accomplished. With a heavy heart and tears in his eyes, Braidan told Alastair that he would have made a great king, and watched his friend depart from the world. No god-baby with Morrigan, despite being quite fond of her - Braidan was of the conviction that the Old Gods were the cause of the Blights, and once they were all dead, the Blights would end (very interesting to see this theory crop up again in Inquisition! Apparently others were listening to Braidan...).  So he was 100% against the notion of making another one, or keeping it alive, or whatever.

In Awakening, he made peace with Nathanael Howe, coming to value him as an ally even though he didn't much care for his company. Theirs was a relationship built on mutual respect and annoyance. Actually, they ended up becoming pretty good friends, as I recall... In Witch Hunt, Braidan let Morrigan go, trying to appeal to her to let him help her in whatever it was she was trying to accomplish. There was pain in her eyes when she refused; it was clear that there was still something like friendship and regret between them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My Champion of Kirkwall was Martigan Hawke, a two-handed warrior and complete smartass with a heart of gold. The most important thing to him in the world was his family, which, of course, made him my most tragic character. He uses humor both to put things into a proper perspective, and to mask his feelings of helplessness against the machinations of fate. But he always fights on, because what else is he going to do? Give up?

He and Aveline were close, even though he had a gift for getting under her skin. For a time, he began to develop romantic feelings for her, but when she told him about Donnic, he realized it was better for her to be with someone like the forthright guardsman instead of him - they would have fought constantly. He soon found himself instead in Isabela's arms, which was, like most things in his life, unplanned. But he wasn't satisfied with a mere roll in the hay, to both of their surprise. After the ordeal with the Arishok - in which Martigan dueled for Isabela's life - they established that their relationship would be one that would last, even though voyages might interrupt it. Martigan would always welcome her home.

"It's a Hawke family reunion!" Martigan jested, relieved to see his sister again.
"What's left of them," Bethany flatly replied.
 Crying or Very sad

In the end, Martigan threw in his lot with the mages. He had more reason than most to hate them, as Knight-Commander Meredith pointed out, but Bethany and father were both mages, and Martigan couldn't let the injustice of the Rite of Annulment pass. To their mutual regret, Martigan and Fenris came to blows in the final battle, and the Champion was forced to slay his tormented friend. He tried not to think about the night they drank together, when Fenris toasted their companionship, but it haunted him. He couldn't bear to slay Anders, not after all they had endured together, but neither would he let the mage play the hero and fight Meredith's Templars by his side. He told him to leave Kirkwall and never come back.

Martigan and Varric, of course, would remain bros to the end.

My Inquisitor is Yevriel Lavellan, a callow young Elf Mage wracked by self-doubt, indecision, and fear, but guided by compassion and his Andrastian faith (in my headcanon, Yevriel is a City Elf of Tantervale who was inducted into the Circle at Hasmal - I'm currently playing him in a tabletop Dragon Age RPG campaign, in an alternate history where he didn't go to the Temple of Sacred Ashes, but instead fled his Circle when the Mage Rebellion erupted there and destroyed it). The Herald of Andraste was hesitant to accept his role, intimidated as he was by the gravity of it, his uncertainty about what he saw in the Fade, and his inability to believe he could be what people needed him to be. But it was the strength and indomitable faith of Cassandra that inspired him to carry on, and in time that admiration became love. The turning point was when he caught a glimpse of the vulnerable human being inside that she was so accustomed to hiding from others. She still intimidates him a bit, but he's crazy for her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Martigan and Yevriel meeting. They didn't have a long hair option that looked right, so I assumed Martigan must have cut his hair short to avoid recognition. He also ended up looking pretty gaunt in-game, so I decided life on the road as a quasi-fugitive had been pretty rough...

I'm still playing through Inquisition for the first time (I have a female Qunari warrior as an alt, waiting in the wings for when I finish), but Yevriel has grown into a clever, shrewd, and diplomatic leader who chooses compassion before sabre-rattling, far preferring to employ Lelianna or Josephine to solve most issues than to call upon Cullen's more blunt approach. He has relatively good relations with all of his companions save Solas, with whom he always seems to arrive at odds. Their beliefs regarding demons, religious faith, and the Elves clash, and he never seems pleased with Yevriel's judgments as Inquisitor. He fears a coming confrontation with the Elf who first guided him in the use of his Mark...
mysterycycle

flying
ghost

View user profile http://mysterycycle.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Finest Fantasy on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:40 am

I know I'm a bit late to the show, but yesterday had a nice update and I finally remembered to pop some quick screenies of my Inquisitor. I'm still having issues with his scars and such, though. But, I like this set of Formal Wear. Blue is my color. I have similarly ludicrous names for all of my gear, by the way. I believe I named my staff "The Sceptre of the Divine Maelstrom". Because, a sign with "Don't" written on it that's used to hit people with wasn't enough for me. I changed his hair from red to dark brown and I've removed his beard. I keep going back and worth with it.

The Armor of The Herald:
Judging Grand Duchess Florianne de Chalons:

If you don't want to do the whole "open image in other tab" thing, click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Mystery Cycle, I love all of your characters. Especially that Inquisitor. Looks rad, dude.
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterycycle on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks for the praise, FF! I've grown pretty fond of them.

You're right - Maxwell looks really good in that formal wear, and his Sceptre is awesome. I can see how he would look good with a beard, too.

It's nice to have the Black Emporium available to change your appearance whenever you want. I had to go back and fix Yevriel once I realized his eyebrows were a little too starkly white, and tone it down a bit.

Then, a day ago, I was playing on my Qunari Warrior alternate character and started freaking out because she kept showing up in cutscenes with a green face. I ran her up to the Black Emporium to fix her, but it didn't make any difference. I thought it was a glitch, which made me despair because I liked how I had designed her to look...

...until I realized her face was appearing green because I had equipped her with Vitaar, the Qunari facial war-paint. :facepalm:
mysterycycle

flying
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Finest Fantasy on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:09 pm

No problemo, mah friend. I really do like them.

Thanksums, yourself. I'm still undecided about the beard. I just don't like the way it looks, half the time. But, yes. My Sceptre is amaze.

Silly Master. But, I can see derp'ing with the Vitaar. Half the time I'm wondering what the Hell happened to Bull's face.
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 am

I JUST FINISHED THE TRESPASSER DLC.

My mind is soooooooo blown. Buh.
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Finest Fantasy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:13 pm

GAAAH! Is it good? Does it answer all the questions? How soon do I need to buy all three? xD

Also, the new Multiplayer Mage character is a Sareebas. I kind of like that. That's cool.
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:09 pm

It's good! Trespasser was amazeballs. Hakkon and Descent were good too.

I haven't played much multiplayer tbh. D:
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterycycle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Oh, man. I've been dodging spoilers everywhere. Tumblr is suddenly full of DLC fan art and I have to skip all of them because I'm still in the middle of Inquisition...! tongue

I can't wait to get there, but at the same time, I'm loving the journey.
mysterycycle

flying
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Finest Fantasy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:31 pm

I don't Multiplayer, much. But, I did do enough to unlock Cillian / The Arcane Warrior. The characters are all cool. I wish they were in the main campaign. And, ugh. It looks like the Game of the Year edition is coming out. Maybe Origin will have a digital upgrade or something.
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:17 pm

I don't think there's anything new in the GotY edition. It just includes all of the dlc with it.

But I suppose if it comes with the dlc it'll be cheaper than buying the game + the dlc separately.

I like giving Bioware all my money though, so I don't mind spending a little more on them.

BUH. I have no one to talk details with. Hurry and finish, you fools!
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Servilius Ahala on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:07 pm

wondercube wrote:BUH. I have no one to talk details with. Hurry and finish, you fools!

I've finished Trespasser! You can talk with me! My mind is still blown as well.
Servilius Ahala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:20 am

Servilius Ahala wrote:
wondercube wrote:BUH. I have no one to talk details with. Hurry and finish, you fools!

I've finished Trespasser! You can talk with me! My mind is still blown as well.
YAY. I'll send you a PM later then. huehuehue
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top