TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Written Group RP Interest Thread~

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Written Group RP Interest Thread~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Written Group RP Interest Thread~

Post by Nocturama Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 am

wondercube wrote:
I'd really need co-mods to help out though. I can't pay attention to all the different player characters without burning out. Would you potentially be interested in co-modding if this comes to pass? We'd essentially be controlling the events/plot points and throwing them at the characters, and we'd know/come up with the various plot twists planned for the RP as a whole.

Um... um... I don't have any experience with being mod for a written RPG. If that's not a problem, okay, sure, why not? *pressure*

wondercube wrote:I just wonder if there'd be enough interest to fill 14 potential roles (7 masters, 7 servants). I suppose if people burn out and quit, their characters become NPCs to be killed off. People who lose/die can make civilians or non-competing mages to support other characters. Or a servant-less master can join forces with an active master they want to win.

I think it would be okay to not fill all slots with PCs - like two or three teams (maybe allied?), the others are NPCs. Said NPCs can be used by the mods to stir up stuff and oppose the PCs, and 4-6 players sounds a lot more manageable than 14.

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Written Group RP Interest Thread~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Written Group RP Interest Thread~

Post by Ciella Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 am

Not sure how jazzed I am about Fate/Stay Night, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I'm also assuming we're avoiding the hentai aspect from the video game...
Ciella
Ciella

https://www.behance.net/stirvinolady

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:46 am

I don't think we're going to do Fate/Stay Night anyway.

I've been musing about going in a fantasy genre direction, so I posted that "Potential Fantasy Races" thread in the hopes we could all start discussing/perfecting the ideas I came up with, and let that lead us into more world-building and story stuff naturally.

No one's responded though, so I assume people aren't interested or otherwise don't like the ideas there. Atm I'm feeling pretty dejected about the whole thing, so I don't know if I'll be setting up an RP anymore.
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciji Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Catching up. I thought the races were great and would love to try this (have never tried an online rpg).

Ciji

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Ciji wrote:Catching up. I thought the races were great and would love to try this (have never tried an online rpg).
Thanks for letting me know!

I haven't been working on the world the last few weeks, but I'm slowly brainstorming ideas as I go. More or less, I imagine the fantasy world reflects our own as some geographical regions/climates are concerned. So the races in the savanna and deserts might reflect North/South African and Middle Eastern cultures/regions.

As far as hume power dynamic goes, I was thinking the desert/savanna humes might be the most dominant/powerful out of everyone, and that the world (the hume societies, at least) might be more "afro-centric" as far as beauty standards go (compared to our world's largely "euro-centric" beauty standards). But that idea seems tricky, and I'm not sure how I could go about doing that in the best way?

It might just be best to have it more or less neutral/egalitarian as far as that kind of thing is concerned.

I DID imagine that those desert/savanna humes have the largest population/resources, but they don't necessarily have to have that at the expense of other humes, culturally/regionally.
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturama Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:08 am

I'm admittedly not a huge fan of classical fantasy, so my interest will vary depending on what the "core story" of the campaign will be... even though you have some great ideas in your world building.

But I'm still very interested in a F/sn or Persona game Smile

Nocturama

rock
dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by piratenami Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:14 am

I would probably be interested in something like this also. I used to do a lot of play-by-email story-writing games back in the day, some original fantasy, some anime-based (Sailormoon especially). I honestly don't know anything about Fate/Stay Night but if it's easy to pick up on the setting I'd be willing to give it a go.

Last edited by piratenami on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quick addition)
piratenami
piratenami

flying
dragon

http://pirate-queen.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:43 am

Is this thread still open/active? If so I am SUPER DOWN for this~~~

I used to do this type of RP all the time when I was younger, and as me and my primary RP partners grew into "adulting" we had less and less time for it. Now that I have time, I cannot find others interested in this style.

So happy to have found this. My primary areas of interest/experience are:
1. High Fantasy
2. Post-apoacolyptic
3.MAGIC GIRL -PLEASE YES GOD I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ALL MY LIFE *heavy breathing*

So, obviously I am for the third, I have been mulling this idea of magic girl universe with a few people for a while and am REALLY Interested. in fact Wondercube we should just chat about this EVEN if no one else is interested - - -

That's my 2 cents. Thanks y'all.

Meg, out!
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:03 pm

mandalameg wrote:So happy to have found this. My primary areas of interest/experience are:
1. High Fantasy
2. Post-apoacolyptic
3.MAGIC GIRL -PLEASE YES GOD I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ALL MY LIFE *heavy breathing*

So, obviously I am for the third, I have been mulling this idea of magic girl universe with a few people for a while and am REALLY Interested. in fact Wondercube we should just chat about this EVEN if no one else is interested - - -

Hey there! I love the questions you posed in the races thread, I'll try and get some answers up today/tonight.

Right now I'm currently working on a high-ish fantasy RP dealing with those races, but I'm not quite sure of the plot yet. I figured, since the races are so varied/many, the RP would begin with some sort of... conference/quest representatives and leaders from every race are invited (by the Humes) to attend. Obviously, there would be some kind of task that they would need cooperation from every race to achieve.

That's pretty basic and open to evolve, but figured it's the easiest way to give an excuse for the (hopefully) diverse cast to meet in the first place. I'm open to ideas.

And I actually modded a magical girl/boy RP that died recently. I'm open to starting that up again. I can link you to the thing I did later. Smile
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:13 pm

I am definitely interested in the High Fantasy with those races from the other post if you are still getting a group together. The really nice thing about written RPs as well is that you can do it in spare time and you don't have to coordinate times with a group - makes it much more manageable for everyone involved.

Plus, not I'm all deep in your world after reading all your Race "Bio"s.

Also, YES PLEASE link to the Magic Girl/Boy. Are you starting it back up with closed group from before, or allowing others to join. PUT ME DOWN as super excited/interested if it is the later.

bounce
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Finest Fantasy Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:37 pm

It's been ages since I've role played and I'm having a lot of writer's block, but I'll put myself down as interested. High Fantasy and Magical Boy/Girl sounds up my alley.
Finest Fantasy
Finest Fantasy

water
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:44 am

Hey, sorry guys, been a little side tracked by other things, so I haven't had the chance to work much more on anything.

I think it would be easier to start this once we make the transition to the other forum, so yeah. We can get it ready in preparation for the move.
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Sounds good!
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Is there anything specific you guys would be hoping to see in this fantasy world? A certain kind of culture, landscape, or plot point that you like?

As far as cultures are concerned, the desert/savanna peoples would probably take inspiration from various African or Middle-Eastern cultures. The island/coastal centaurs I'm imagining as somewhat Polynesian (also I love the ridiculous idea of centaur pirates). The dwarves/mountain peoples might have a more nordic/scandinavian vibe - or a Himalayan feel, alternatively. Maybe both?

Also like the idea of tundra/centaurs being somewhat Inuit in feel, and maybe their tribes live together or mingle (probably not in a sexual way? lol).

Other than that... I like the idea of having some jungle elves/naga with a kind of South Asian (probably Indian) culture. I thought of basing some Fae stuff off Chinese or Japanese aesthetics, but I'm not sure. I feel sort of weird limiting one real-world culture to a particular fantasy race, but idk. Thoughts?
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:27 pm

I really enjoy these ideas.
I think the desert and savanna being North African/Middle Eastern seems really cool.

Coastal/Polynesian centaurs. I think the coastal area is also where I see the Nagas as well (Water snakes anyone??). Mer people in my eyes would of course be from this region (fish are more colorful/diverse in warm waters).

I also like an idea of centaurs that are nomadic (Mongolia) or highlanders (Ireland?). but since a centaur isn't my main place of interested (yet, who knows), I don't want to speak too much on what someone else might want.

I really love the Polynesia area are well and think some cool Fae could come from there or jungles (again, diverse flora here)- so with Fae I think of more Fern Gully (sorry 90's reference! lol). But against, just my thoughts.
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:42 pm

I also really love the idea of elves in different regions being vastly different cultures that reflect that region. One I would be particularly interested in a British Island style/gaelic elves. Following a bit from Warhammer world (sorry) in that "High" elves are from isolated cold water island (like the UK), while other elves (wood elves, etc) may be found in jungles. Also, are there dark elves in this world? I should have mentioned something in the original race forum, but you don't want for races so I could see skipping out on them here.

Anyway, you're amazing, can't wait for the new space and new RP Smile. Sorry if this message is a bit jumbled with the last. I am at work (teehee) and in a bit of a rush to respond due to my EXTREME EXCITEMENT!
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:32 pm

For the most part there's no real restriction on what races can live where, so you can have fae or humans or whatever from virtually any region. There might certain regions that have dominant races - like, elves have the biggest population in the jungle, but that doesn't mean there aren't other races there too.

I think sea Naga are totally doable (and would look closer to traditional fantasy mermaids)- one of the art pieces I found for inspiration is called "Sea Naga" so I was very eager to include that idea.

As for the Mer themselves, they're abundant in variety/appearance - their culture wouldn't be polynesian though. I don't have a basis for them yet, I just kind imagined them being snarky and sarcastic like British people. I'm almost wondering if I should include freshwater Mer too.

I like idea of gaelic elves! Sounds fun.
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:37 pm

I got bored, so I slapped together a potential [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

Kind of a blank slate atm, just got a few ideas. I was initially imagining a super continent of sorts, but that didn't quite happen as I was messing around lol.

The SW land mass with all the rivers is, potentially "the riverlands" because of all the... you guessed it, RIVERS!

Buuuuut, the delta near on the eastern coast of the wester continent could also be the riverlands, potentially. I was imagining that area being mostly fair skinned, but if the equator is anything like ours, they'd probably be darker. Or we could just not think too hard about it. I was thinking the northern part of the western continent (largest area of that land mass) might be inhabited by our north african/saharan peoples, but again they'd be in a lighter zone if this world's equator lies along the same axis as ours. Might be interesting to have a diagonal equator, ranging from the NW down across to the SE? Is that even possible?

In anycase, I was imagining the island to the west of the riverlands as the home to your Gaelic-inspired elves, Meg. x)

The riverlands could work with a more european vibe, or it would make sense for a lot that area to be jungles. I think that mostly depends on how we set up our equator. I kinda like the diagonal idea. I could even rotate the map to fit that idea, perhaps.

wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by kryptoknight Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:23 am

I have a write-up for a race of nomadic lion-people that prefer living in areas similar to African plains. If your wold isn't too crowded already I'd love to PM you the info I have written up on them to see if you think they'd fit the game.
kryptoknight
kryptoknight

fire
psychic

http://kryptoknight01.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:25 am

Oh I am sorry I fell away from the forum. Checking out your world map now! Hell yes Gaelic Elves have a home! I dig it! Already my brain is like frothing with deity/goddess/worship of that lonesome river Smile

And this is just my curiosity talking - thoughts on that large centralized landmass? and I love the northern archipelago as well!

Also thank you so much for putting it together. After all, a good fantasy book ALWAYS has a world map ;D
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:05 pm

kryptoknight wrote:I have a write-up for a race of nomadic lion-people that prefer living in areas similar to African plains.  If your wold isn't too crowded already I'd love to PM you the info I have written up on them to see if you think they'd fit the game.
It sounds like they would fall under a type of Beastkin. Are they anthropomorphic lions? Naga, Centaurs, and Garuda don't fall under the beastkin category because they have an upper human half, whereas beastkin are upright animals with full sentience. Either way, you're welcome to include them. Smile

mandalameg wrote:Oh I am sorry I fell away from the forum. Checking out your world map now! Hell yes Gaelic Elves have a  home! I dig it! Already my brain is like frothing with deity/goddess/worship of that lonesome river Smile

And this is just my curiosity talking - thoughts on that large centralized landmass? and I love the northern archipelago as well!

Also thank you so much for putting it together. After all, a good fantasy book ALWAYS has a world map ;D
Ooo, love the river goddess idea! I'm happy to let you develop that culture/peoples if you feel like it. Since we've got a diagonal equator from NW to SE, they'd be in the fairer zone as far as skin tone is concerned. After discussing it with my friend, I think the "scientific" explanation is an asteroid the planet a looooong time ago and killed the planet's previous inhabitants and also punched the planet into a weird shape that makes the sun hit it in a new way. So... yeah. xD

As for the landmass, I don't have any particular ideas yet. There was a blank space so I filled it. I'm musing to myself that it's Maat's (WIP name for the world) equivalent of Australia. x)

The northern archipelago will be the tropical-ish region I'm thinking the Centaurs will primarily inhabit. x)
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Also there is randomly a Tri-Force shaped island because reasons? IDK it just happened. Thinking it might have to mystic/religious significance.
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalameg Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:29 am

Always up for the random Tri-force now and then.
Would it be helpful for me to do some write ups of characters?

I have a few in mind and can't decide - also waiting to see which races might not be represented to add some diversity.

Also it will help me dust the rust off my skillz Razz
mandalameg
mandalameg

electric
psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:38 am

Whatever you feel like doing, hun! I won't stop you. Making characters is half the fun. x)
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Buh, sorry this never got off the ground. Life has been so crazy the last few months, and it looks like this place is pretty dead anyway.

In the case anyone still wants their fantasy rp fix, I'm involved on this one on gaia online (though my friend is the one running it, but I helped with some of the world lore): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It involves using the dice-roll function on the site, so that adds a fun element of the unknown to the whole thing. It's standard fantasy plot/setting, but it's a lot of fun. We've been going for about a year and a half now, though we move at a relaxed pace. Smile

We need some new blood, so I figured I would see if any of you are interested. We're just finishing a chapter and will be able to take on some new people soon. My username is K33LA on there.
wondercube
wondercube

fairy
poison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top