TMS Treehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ch-ch-changes~ (Update Log) July 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ch-ch-changes~ (Update Log) July 7 Empty Ch-ch-changes~ (Update Log) July 7

Post by aesta Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi, everybody! Here's a list of changes I've made + planned future changes! Feel free to comment with any suggestions or feedback~

Updates as of 7 July:
  • Updated forum hierarchy/structure.
  • Site Rules are a global announcement now so they should be visible in all forums & subs.
  • Updated some forum- & sub-specific guidelines.
  • Announcements are now titled in red and stickies are titled in indigo so they stand out a bit more.
  • Added new categories to user profiles, like a write-in gender identity & pokemon types! Though this isn't news if you've checked out your profile within the past month, hehe.

click for the ghost of updates past:
Planned Future Updates:
  • A TMS reg tumblr directory in the private forum
  • Figure out how to make [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] work on forumotion
  • Foe list lets you do pokemon battle with your rivals (probably need to learn magic first)
  • Write a Treehouse 101 overview with tips on bbcode maybe!
  • Fix private message padding (Sorry for the overlap!)
  • Add more fun categories to profiles (Hogwarts houses? Cute patronus sprites?)
  • Open applications for mods/global mods.
  • Figure out how to make a lil offline bubble appear next to an offline user's name when viewing their posts. ;c
  • Add more emoticons~
  • Figure out the points system and set up a points shop! Maybe one of the things you can buy is pokemon gym badges.

Last edited by aesta on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:24 am; edited 5 times in total
aesta
aesta
admin
admin

psychic
ghost

Back to top Go down

Ch-ch-changes~ (Update Log) July 7 Empty Re: Ch-ch-changes~ (Update Log) July 7

Post by Katherinethegrape Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:08 am

aesta wrote:
[*]Removed "gender" category from all profiles, since it won't let me customize it to anything other than a binary. ;T

I was wondering why it only had two choices, and figured since the board was new you hadn't gotten around to adding more. Kinda sad that the gender binary is hard coded in and won't let you change it.

Also, are you able to enable tapatalk support on this? It makes reading the forums much easier on your phone
Katherinethegrape
Katherinethegrape
global mod
global mod

fairy
dragon

http://katherinethegrape.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aesta Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:52 am

Unfortunately, it turns out forumotion has extremely limited mobile support, so tapatalk is not an option. 8(

But, I did figure out how to include a write-in "gender identity" field for profiles! Yay! (Also, pokemon types, which you can select & will now show up whenever you post. Might do Hogwarts houses next. Might be open to suggestion for any & all nerdy profile categories.)

Sensitive profile information, like birthday, gender id, etc. is also only visible to forum members.
aesta
aesta
admin
admin

psychic
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sasquatch Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:59 pm

I was hoping the foe function would mean I could mark someone as my rival and we'd do battle annually or if I've just beaten a gym leader.
Scarlet Sasquatch
Scarlet Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurelinde Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:56 am

Thanks for doing all this aesta! (Aww there's no hug smiley...I'm a notorious smiley overuser. I even made a whole set of bear smileys to use on our old WoW guild board. Ooh I still have them on photobucket...mwahaha...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])
Laurelinde
Laurelinde
global mod
global mod

dragon
fairy

http://laurelindebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aesta Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:45 am

Scarlet Sasquatch wrote:I was hoping the foe function would mean I could mark someone as my rival and we'd do battle annually or if I've just beaten a gym leader.
In my fondest dreams.

Laurelinde wrote:Thanks for doing all this aesta! (Aww there's no hug smiley...I'm a notorious smiley overuser. I even made a whole set of bear smileys to use on our old WoW guild board. Ooh I still have them on photobucket...mwahaha...)
Hehe aww, you're so welcome! c:

Also, BEAR SMILEYS?! If you link me to those, I could totally add them to our smiley panel. *plotplot*
aesta
aesta
admin
admin

psychic
ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top