Game recomendation thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game recomendation thread

Post by Thiazin Red on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Story of Seasons

Of all the Harvest Moon games I played, the most recent one New Beginnings was the worst. But then came Story of Seasons, which has basically the exact same graphics and very similar controls but fixed every complaint I had about NB (okay except the mine, why can't there be a big cool mine like previous games?).

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherinethegrape on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 pm

So.... I ended up buying that Ubisoft humble bundle because, like I said, I'm a sucker for the Splinter Cell series and I didn't actually own any of them until now.

But do you know what I did? I put all my money to charity! HAH! FUCK YOU UBISOFT!
Katherinethegrape
global mod
global mod

fairy
dragon

View user profile http://katherinethegrape.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:02 pm

wondercube wrote:
Thiazin Red wrote:
wondercube wrote:
I was surprised how brutal this game turned out to be, and pretty complex from a stats/leveling standpoint. I died with a crossbow bolt to the stomach when an enemy assassin attacked my carriage, because my first aid knowledge was not good enough.

I still can't figure out how to avoid the crossbow death, I guess I'll never get to go to that party. Crying or Very sad
There were two things I failed that lead to that death. I think it was athletics or something, and then when I actually got hit with the bolt after failing that, I died from lack of training in field medicine/first aid. So I guess you just gotta focus on those more, which means inevitably you'll get killed by something else lol.

I tried going again after maxing out the medicine skill, but still died because I wasn't calm enough to wait for help. I did mange to win using magic, it took three tries, but I did it.

I really want to figure out the econ based method of solving it. I suppose as long as I max out my composure I can still get through the invasion at the end, if something else doesn't get me.

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Themysciran on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:39 pm

I've beaten Long Live The Queen but it isn't easy.  I've even looked at walkthroughs and really at best they are guides and strong suggestions because I still kept dying XD

I wish it was more forgiving and allowed for more diverse tactics.  If you use magic, leveling up your medicine for that scene is a total waste. There's lots of scenes actually where a skill might come in handy, but that skill will never come up again (animal handling I think is one).  You need to be very strict about what you're leveling because if you get a scene even one week too early, you'll totally miss something vital or die.

The same developers have another game called Magical Diary that's a lot more forgiving, although it has the same problem with the types of magic you need to pass the test.  It seems to give you a broad range of options but only a few are really needed to pass.  Story wise it's a Hogwarts/Worst Witch rip off but it's cute with a lot of different routes you can take.  The main character is a girl but you have the option to date other girls if you want.
The Themysciran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Sounds cool, I'll have to check that one out.

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherrie Ricketts on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:04 pm

wondercube wrote:
I bought Witcher 1 and 2 off humblebundle the other day ONLY TO REALIZE THEY WERE ONLY REDEEMABLE ON GOG.COM. UGHUGHUGH *cries forever*

What's wrong with GOG? I've never had trouble with their platform.

I have to recommend Sunless Sea. It's based on the Fallen London world and you get to be a Zee Captain wandering around discovering the Unterzee with your crew and following stories, building up your captain and ship and crew. It has TONS of replayability. It's such an eerie and quirky setting. You can choose your character's form of address (both gendered and ungendered titles are available) and you can choose from a variety of character silhouettes, some androgynous. You can have relationships with people of any gender. There's lots of mysterious little threads to follow and lots of options for different storylines in each playthrough. You can keep some of your previous stats each time you finish with a captain, which helps you build up to bigger and better things.
Sherrie Ricketts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:46 pm

I bought Sunless Sea, and it reinforced my dislike of trying to use a keyboard/mousepad for controls. The text stuff is fine, but I need to get a controller for the sailing parts. I do like the design and the fact that it manages to be even creepier than Fallen London.

I started Magical Diary, and its strange not to have died and restarted 10 times. I didn't realize the studio had so many games, I really want to get Black Closet too. It sounds like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy set at an evil girls' boarding school.

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Black Closet is every bit as unforgiving as Long Live the Queen. I've managed to get through it once, and that was skin of my teeth, didn't even try to solve two of the major mysteries.

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:00 am

Until Dawn is a good one for anyone who likes horror movies or choose your own adventure type story telling.

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelScientist on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:32 am

A number of people expressed interest in Child of Light, which is currently on sale on Steam for under 4 USD.

PixelScientist
admin
admin

ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlethingsthatmatter on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:50 am

For people who also play on mobile: the App store currently features a collection of female lead games.It's called 15 Toughest Heroines,some of the games are free.One of them is Callys Caves 3,a cute little platformer where you play a girl on a quest to save her parents.
littlethingsthatmatter

dark

View user profile http://www.superheroineworld.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:28 am

PixelScientist wrote:A number of people expressed interest in Child of Light, which is currently on sale on Steam for under 4 USD.

If its not included I would recommend getting the Golem DLC.

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercube on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:42 am

Thiazin Red wrote:
PixelScientist wrote:A number of people expressed interest in Child of Light, which is currently on sale on Steam for under 4 USD.

If its not included I would recommend getting the Golem DLC.
I sadly got it near the end of the game, and he was super under-leveled compared to the rest of the party. He doesn't auto-adjust to your level like the others.
wondercube

fairy
poison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiazin Red on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 am

It seems like most people on the MS have played it already, but if they haven't the game of the year edition of Dragon Age Inquisition is out now with all the DLC.

Thiazin Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuuni Nuunani on Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Really just want to recommend Undertale. It is beyond amazing.
Nuuni Nuunani

ground

View user profile http://greenartfrostmagefire.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top